Thursday, September 20, 2012

Something that heppened in class



Something that happened in class

This week in forensic science we have been learning how to collect evidence. We are doing a project where we have to use a microscope to look at hair and try to identify which of the hairs match the one at the crime scene. We do this by magnifying in to where we can see how the hair is made up. We see if it had a medulla and if it is damaged and so on. You can identify hair a lot of different way besides the color. The color is know as class evidence because it can eliminate a group of people but it can not specifically identify a person. If the hair is pulled out there is still tissue on it and you can use DNA analysis but the hair I had wasn't ripped out so it didn't have any tissue on the end so I had to compare the structure of the hair and I believe I found out who the suspect was. In this class I learn a lot about how investigating crimes. But the things you learn in forensics isn't just used in crime scene investigations. In this class you learn a lot about the way your body works and why things happen such as why your hair falls out.

1 comment:

  1. That is fascinating! I wish I had had a class like Forensics in school! So for what other situations are forensics used? Would it be something like paternity tests?

    ReplyDelete