Friday, August 31, 2012

Random blog

 I like to race and i have a random blog so i'm going to tell you how to holeshot a race. The holeshot refers to the first person to the first corner in racing. The holeshot is the key to the race. If you are last to the first corner, but you’re the best rider you still might loose. So you want to be the first person to the first corner. So im going to tell you the way I do it so maby it will help you inprove your starts.

First I choose a good gate to start at. I like to be in the middle or the left side. That puts you closer to the first corner because most of the first corners are right turns, because it allows you to keep you right foot on the back break.

Second I pack down the dirt were im starting to help me get more traction. When it’s a concrete start I sweep my gate and make sure there isnt any dirt on it because it will make you spin.

Then I slide up so that im sitting on the gas tank so that the bike want flip. By the time you do all this they should have the 30 second card up. When it goes sideways it means the gate could drop anywhere between 5 and 15 seconds.

When the card goes sideways I put the bike into second gear by clicking uo on the gear shift once. Then you turn the throttle about three fourths of the way and wait for the gate to drop. While i'm waiting I watch the pen that holds the gate up because it has to move before the gate drops.

Then when the gate drops you drop the clutch and hold it wide open. During this I don’t let out of the throttle until I get to the first corner. Once you get there you want to use your front and back brakes. The front brake stops a lot faster then the back so if you use it you can stay in the gas longer. This will help you get a holeshot every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment